Sunday, October 3, 2010

since you've been gone...

Hello friends! I wanted to let you know we haven't disappeared from the face of the planet. Since our last post we have moved (and now have a kitchen 3 times the size of the little one) and are planning a wedding!

This week in the kitchen I've been experimenting (because I should be writing curriculum) with shortbread. So far I've tried a brown sugar lavender and a toffee chocolate chip.... both were good but have an unidentifiable aftertaste I don't really like... I've decided this is a) because our cookie sheet is due for a hardcore cleaning, or b) because I used earth balance (part of our attempt to use fewer animal products and enjoy a lower cholesterol diet). I know I know, a recipe is only as good as the ingredients you use, so this week I'll attempt shortbread again with my oh so favorite (oh so bad for me) butter!

I'll let you know how it all turns out. In the meantime, if you're looking for yummy recipes, check out smitten kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment